Programas de voluntariado
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
- To stimulate the exchange of culture and knowledge between farmers and volunteers, through agricultural and environmental conservation work with the farmer families
- To able farmer families and communities to profit from income brought by the volunteer program, and additionally, the benefit other volunteers' work.
- That the volunteers mar be acquainted with and learn agricultural practices with an agro ecological focus: organic horticulture, agro forestry, animal management and forestation.
- To provide a favorable atmosphere in which volunteers practice and improve their Spanish language through daily conversations with the family and community members.
Program options: Programs range from a day up to a month or more in duration. Generally all volunteers pass through the foundations hacienda (near Tabacundo, Pichincha) to learn about organic farming, forestation, animal management and if desired we can also arrange Spanish language classes
Our facilities include:
- Accommodation for 60 people in private rooms or 4 person dormitories
- clean washroom facilities with hot showers
- classrooms of varying sizes for presentations, study or workshops
- 25 hectares of agro-ecologically managed farmland
- Fields of organically farmed traditional crops, fruits and vegetables stables housing cattle, llamas, guinea
- A tree nursery producing thousands of native, introduced and fruit species
- Football, volleyball and basket hall pitches
Please note that the foundation is a non profit NGO. The fees they receive are used to cover the administration costs of the programs, to pay families and communities for receiving you, and the remainder is used by the foundation to further its rural development work through training workshops with community members.